Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Friday 10 September 2010

Birthday card for daughter

It's Melanie's birthday today, so I made a card using one of my all time favourite stamps from WOJ:  Fall Willow with grapes.


I really love this really pretty little stamp, which I coloured with copic markers from Wendy at Stamps and Memories, who also supplied the spica pens, the nestabilities and the MS leaf punch.  It's hard to see the sparkle on a photograph but it's definitely there irl!  It's quite a simple layout as everything else is busy, busy, busy.  The ribbon, the papercellar papers and some of the Prima flowers are from Hobbycraft, and the beautiful little grape and leaf charms, the pearl brads, and the glimmer mist on all the flowers come from Jill at The Hobby House






















 The little grape charms and the leaves were coloured with copics to match the image, which is easier to see on the detail picture, and I also used the Papercellar dps for the insert.


















I'm entering this one in the ABC colour challenge on the docraft website, as the theme is A for Amethyst.  Thanks so much for looking at my blog, and for any comments you would like to leave.

xx Jill

2 comments:

Little K Smith said...

Beautiful card Jill, adore the colours. Pretty image and love the gorgeous flowers too.
Kelly.x

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

Gorgeous card - lovely papers and image and love your gorgeous flowers. Sarahxx