Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Tuesday 7 September 2010

astronaut birthday card


A birthday card for our little step-great-grandson Maxwell, who will soon be three.  He is a little bundle of fun, and very cute too with beautiful brown eyes and lots of curls!

 

I've used one of my favourite Pink Gem stamps "Space Miki" (complete with a little alien) which I've coloured with copic markers. I've used these Aimee Asher robot papers before, and they print out beautifully. The plain cardstock is coredinations, and I used a very old sentiment stamp from Hero Arts. Can you spot the orange glitter around the image and on the brads? It came in a set, and I really thought I would never, ever use it, and I'm still not sure about it, but it does look better irl!! What's that about never throwing anything away in case it comes in handy? I'm entering this in the Pink Gem challenge from their super sketch this month, so I'd better get on quickly, as it closes soon!



Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and for any comments you leave.  xx Jill B

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hi Jill,
A stunning card....Love the background paper and Miki is coloured beautifully....Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge...
Mandy xx