Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Wednesday 15 September 2010

40th birthday book

This is a hardboard book for our son Alastair who is forty tomorrow.  It was trickier to make than I thought, and also took longer, but I hope he will be pleased with the result.  I think the hardest bit was getting the paper stuck down on the cut-out number 40, and edging it all with teal embossing ink, and then glitter to give a neat edge.

On the inside back page I used a Sugar Nellie stamp "Rock Idol", as he is an excellent singer and guitarist and plays in a band.  Everything (including the sentiments) is coloured with copic markers from Wendy at Stamps and Memories.




I used Black Market Society papers throughout (from Jill at the Hobby House), who also supplied the tons of glitter glue and the little charms. There are several computer generated sentiments and stars.




Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and for any comments you would like to leave.  xx Jill

No comments: