Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Tuesday 21 December 2010

Posted the last few cards off yesterday, so I hope they make it in time!  I still have a couple of birthday cards to do too, as well as five family Christmas cards as yet unfinished, so I'm still battling on.

I bought these tiny Christmas cards, which I've used as toppers in the ASDA sale last year at the bargain price of 10 for 10p: we crafters love a bargain don't we!!  I decoupaged and then glittered them very liberally, then matted and layered them onto scrummy red pearl card, from Crafty Ideas in Burnham.  This is a tiny craft shop in the Bishop Centre, near Maidenhead, packed full of interesting craft goodies including lots of needlework supplies: heaven on earth!  I also bought the lovely shiny red foiled card there to die-cut the poinsettias, and the little gold beads in the centre.  The gold stamens are punched with a Nellie Snellen punch, and the ferny leaves with a MS branch punch.  The red tartan card was horribly expensive (over £1 for an A4 sheet!), so I was very frugal with it, and didn't cover it up too much.  Two very traditional cards, but they were quite quick and easy, apart from the flowers which took a while, so I made five of each.

 





















Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  xx Jill

No comments: