Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Friday 14 May 2010

get well card























A get well soon card for one of our Senior A students, Jess, who had to drop out of all her numbers during our dance show last week.  She'd felt very unwell during the first performance and thought that she was itchy because of the costumes.  The following day we had a call to say that unfortunately it was chicken pox!!  One of our talented Senior dancers had to learn her part that morning so that the dance could go on.  Well done Salina - you were such a star!!  I suppose we'll know in a couple of weeks time how many of Jess's friends have picked up the chicken pox bug too.

I'd made this little card last year for a challenge, so I drew little pink spots on the bug's face to make it a bit more lifelike.  Inside it says "hope you feel better soon".    The stamp "bug with bug" is by Alota from Tracy at Dies to Die For, the papers are from my stash, and the little flowers are Prima.  Hope you get well soon Jess!

1 comment:

Lavender and old lace said...

ah I love this and you have coloured it beautifully love Dorothy