Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Monday 31 May 2010

Birthday card

This Whiff of Joy stamp has to be one of my all-time favourites: "Willow Dressing Up", which I've coloured with copic markers.  The birthday card is for our step-granddaughter, Natalie, who was 25 a couple of days ago.  It hardly seems possible that all those years have gone by, and that her little boy Maxwell is now two and a half.

I used a printed and foiled heavy cardstock from Kanban for the background, and used gold cardstock for the borders and leaves, which were cut with an MS punch from Wendy at Stamps and Memories who also supplied the gold Sakura glitter pen  on the shoes and bangle (yes I know they look lime green in the picture, you'll just have to trust me that they really are glittery gold!!)  The punched flower border is cut from coredinations cardstock with an EK border punch from Oyster stamps, and the flowers are from Wild Orchid crafts.  The flowers are heavily shimmered with glimmer mist from Jill at the Hobby House, and the self-adhesive gems are also from there.  They do a fantastic selection of different coloured rhinestones and pearls, and they're extremely reasonably priced (£10 for ten packs).  Their charm selection is also very good.

Thank you so much for coming to visit my blog and for any comments you'd like to leave.

xx Jill

2 comments:

Lavender and old lace said...

beautiful Jill love your colouring really pretty
Dorothy xx

Jennifer said...

Adorable card! I love this image and the colours you used are devine! xx Jenny xx