Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Monday 25 April 2011

Easter card with disappearing rabbit


I was really pleased to make the top three at Card-making Mamas for my butterfly card last week, and will be entering this card for their next challenge, which is Spring colours.


This card has two Magnolia images, including the cute rabbit disappearing behind a tree.  Coloured with copic markers from Wendy at Stamps and Memories, and using a mix of flowers from Prima and WOC, who also supplied the lace.  Can't recall where the pretty acetate butterfly comes from, but I wouldn't mind finding some more.

The butterfly ribbon is actually a much better match for the card than is shown in the pic (not sure why this came out so yellowy?!?)  I was hoping to use the "out of the box" Nesties method for little Tilda sat down, but having tried three times without success, I gave in and cut her out!

I'm entering the following challenges:
Magnolia stamp lovers  - flowers challenge
Scrappy Frogs challenge - hoppy Easter
Crazy 4 challenges - Easter
Easy Craft Projects - Easter
Sweet Stampin Challenge - must stamp, Easter theme
Fussy and Fancy - Springtime
4 Crafty chicks - Easter
Flutterby Wednesday - open, with butterfly
CES challenges - Spring colours
Card Making Mamas - Spring colours

Whew! There's a lot there, but most of them are Spring or Easter luckily.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for any comments you leave - these are much appreciated.  xx Jill

8 comments:

Zoe said...

This is a stunning card Jill and beautifully coloured, thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week. Best of luck x

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH what a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week...

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous, I love the disappearing bunnie!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Val said...

Brilliant card. Thank you so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Please come back again.
Hugs
Valxx

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh! This just make me goggle! Too cute...I think I even see a look of surprise on Tilda's sweet face! Thank you so much for joining us at MSL! :)

Fiona said...

this is so beautiful, I love the little scene you have created and you have Tilda brilliantly. Thanks for joining us this week at paper Sundaes.

Fi
x

Vicky said...

This is fabulous love the colours.This really is so pretty.
Thank you for playing along with us at CES Challenges, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

Hi,

so lovely card you made :-)
Can you tell me which colours you used for grass and clothes of Tilda?

thanks a lot!!
Angela