Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Thursday 28 April 2011

another Easter creation

This cute little Magnolia is "Tilda with Hawaiian flower" and was coloured with copic markers.  Thanks to Wendy's expert tuition, my hair colouring is getting a little better, and hopefully when I get to the next course it will improve even more!  FYI, she is running a Copic Retreat in October, so if you are interested please get in touch on the Stamps and Memories website.



I made another easel card, and used papers from Red Hot Bed, which are really pretty, but a bit flimsy. (especially as they are quite expensive and there's not too many in the pack!)  The backing cardstock is Bazzill Bling, to make the card a little sturdier. 


The sentiment is from the FF Springtime pack, which I used a lot this Easter, although I altered the colour a little with copics.  I used an MS punch for the doily lace, an EK punch for the pretty trellis, and a Marianne punch for the leaves. I created the leaf colour by scribbling a copic pen matching the image, onto some pearlescent paper, and then used the leaf punch.













The flowers are a mix of WOC and Prima flowers as usual, but as my Primas are almost at an end, I shall have to find some new favourites.  Glimmer Mist on the flowers and Stardust Stickles glue on the edges, completes the card.

Challenges entered for this card are as follows:
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.com/ - diecuts or punches
http://scrap-creations1.blogspot.com/ - flowers
Thanks very much for stopping by, and please leave a comment so that I can come and visit your blog.  xx Jill

4 comments:

Donna said...

This is so pretty Jill, I love all your punches and die cuts, the flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining in the Little Miss Muffet Challenge, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

Jennifer said...

Oh I love this Jill...it's stunning!! Have a fabby weekend! xx Jenny xx

...just Peggy said...

Very pretty! love your card and Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet.

Kathleen said...

very pretty. love the pink and blue ombo.
kathleen mc xx