Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Friday 8 April 2011

butterfly card


An easel butterfly card for my sister-in-law, Rosemary, who lives in Scotland.  Unfortunately we only get to see her and her partner once a year when we can get up there.  She always sends us a lovely calendar for Christmas with amazing Scottish views, and makes me want to dash off there immediately!

The decoupage is from Kanban, which I glittered to within an inch of it's life, and I used Butterfly Garden papers from Wild Rose studios, which are really gorgeous.  I cut out a few butterflies to make them flutter, stickled them and added a few gems. 

I thought this was going to be a quick and easy card, but by the time I'd die-cut the tag, punched the leaves, cut out the butterflies, and then shimmered, glittered and sparkled everything, and then added a charm, it was anything but quick!  I had to use copic markers too for the tag, leaves, backing card and some of the flowers, as I didn't have anything in my stash that really matched well. 

Here's close-up of the flowers, butterflies and tag on the base.  The sentiment stands out better than shows in the photo, but at least the weather's gorgeous and the light is good, so the colours are nearly true. 
  













I will be entering this card for the following challenges:
http://cardmakinmamas.blogspot.com/   -  embellish it!
http://www.craftysentiments.blogspot.com/ - glitter
http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com/ - glitter
http://flutterbywednesdays.blogspot.com/ - anything goes, with fairy/butterfly/angel

Thanks very much for visiting my blog.  Please leave a comment so that I can come and visit you too!  xx Jill

9 comments:

MissyG said...

This is gorgeous - love the colours and the butterflies are beautiful Can you tell what die you used for the ornate tag you have your sentiment on - it is lovely
Linda

McCrafty's Cards said...

what a gorgeous card, I love the colours and all those butterflies.
Kevin xx

Sheila said...

Such a pretty card I love all the butterflies.
Thanks for joining us this week over at C&M
Hugs
Sheila xx

Anna said...

Stunning! Love the colors, all the butterflies, and how you did the center on the top of the card! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday. I'm sure your SIL is gonna love this.

Axa said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Chris said...

Gorgeous card...Chrissieann xx

Mina said...

this is stunning Jill...those colours are just amazing I can almost smell summer from them
Mina xxx

dj1952 said...

Your card is beautiful! So delicate and the colors are awesome! I saw it over at Card Makin Mama's. Congratulations on your win; you deserve it. Hugs, dj1952

Kathleen said...

loely card. those tag dies are on my wishlist!
kathleen mc x