Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Saturday 24 July 2010

Pink Gem Challenge

This card is for the Pink Gem challenge, although it doesn't have one of their stamps this time.  I loved the layout, (which I've followed exactly to the sketch this time - very unusual for me!) so I used it for the final thank you card I did for my student assistant.  Thanks very much Charlotte - you've been brilliant, and I'll really miss you.  Well done to all those students at ASD, and DBSD who gained excellent marks (and UCAS points too!) for their ballet exams last week.  So many Merits and Distinctions - I'm really proud of you all!!




















This is Messy Rabbit dressed up in her finest tutu, and flower head-dress, although why she's got her bows stuck out of her ballet shoes, I'm not sure, especially if she's going on stage.  Even our three-year old baby ballerinas know about their "secret bows" and how to tuck them out of sight, although her hair is very neatly groomed, which the adjudicator will like!!

The paper is from the new Papermania Range "Summer Bloom" frrom The Range, and the Bazzill bling cardstock is from A Maze of Memories, as always.  Messy Rabbit (from Joanna Sheen) is coloured with copic markers from Wendy at Stamps and Memories, who also provided the little Petaloo flowers, which have been coloured with copics.   Looking at her, I think she's quite a dark grey rabbit, which I'm not sure I meant to do - perhaps I got a bit excited with the colouring!  I didn't want the flowers to be too big on this one, just enough to reflect the head-dress flowers.  I also decorated the inisde, which was an optional extra for the challenge.





Wendy is running copic colouring classes in August in Kintbury, near Newbury, if anyone is interested, and various others around the country later in the year.  Just pop onto her website if you are interested.

Thanks very much for visiting my blog, and for any comments you'd like to leave.  xx Jill

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card! Good luck with A Gem Of A Challenge...thanks for joining us! xx Jenny xx

Berry said...

This is so sweet, those colours are so soft and pretty! Thanks for joining us at a Gem of a challenge! Hugs Rebekah xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the cute image.
luv
Debby

Janet said...

Such a sweet card......I love the soft colours

Pam said...

Great stitching and distressing on your card! It is so very personalized too! Great take on the challenge!
Thanks for playing along at "A Gem of a Challenge!"
Hugs to you,
Pam
guest DT

Christine said...

Hi gorgeous creation fab colour combo great take on the sketch,
thanks for sharing & joining us at A Gem of a Chall.

Hugs Christine xx

Mandy said...

Fabulous card...Love the colours you have used and the image is so sweet...thanks for sharing with us at A gem of a Challenge...
mandy xx