Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Wednesday 23 March 2011

Fairy Birthday card


I really love this LOTV fairy "Garden of Wishes", and I think I'll probably use it again and again.  I cloured the image and several of the flowers with copic markers, and also used a fine glitter pen, rather than the usual stickles as the image is so delicate.  It's a bit plainer than usual (hooray I hear you say!!) but I can't resist adding the flowers corners.

The pink and grey pearlised papers are new from Craftwork Cards, which Julie Hickey was demonstrating at the Make It exhibition in Farnborough, and are very scrummy indeed.  The die cut label (Frilly #2) is from Tracy at Dies to Die For, the leaves are a MS punch, and the tag is a Nestie diecut with a LOTV sentiment in Memento grey (London Fog).  The plain grey coredination card, punched with an EZ trellis punch is from Oyster Stamps (also bought at Farnborough).  I'm entering this for Flutter By Wednesdays challenge (fairy, butterfly or angel) and Amber's Crafts and Stuff challenge (diecuts).

Thanks so much for the lovely comments you leave on my cards, and for the supportive e-mails - I really appreciate this.   I'm off to Birmingham to the NEC Hobbycrafts exhibition tomorrow, with quite a long shopping list - but not all for me (I add quickly)!  My dearest OH is convinced I've got more than enough stash anyway.  Who can ever have more than enough?!?  Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. 

xx Jill

10 comments:

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

This card is stunning! I love the color choices and the image is beautiful. I love fairies!

Thanks for participating in Challenge # 2 at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will join us again next Wednesday for Challenge #3!

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Jill. I must confess I have this stam, and have never inked her her! How bad is that! Must have as play. Sue x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Jill, I like the stamp the design and the colours.
Kevin xx

Linda Wescott said...

This is such a very pretty card, there is just so much to love about it. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

Gorgeous card - such a pretty image and I love your colours and layout. Sarahxx

Danni said...

This is so pretty! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Linette said...

I love the card!TFS Faeries are my fav

Chris said...

Gorgeous card I love everything about it Chris xx

Julie said...

This is a lovely card, very pretty

Kathleen said...

another beauty.
kathleen mc xx