Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Wednesday 15 February 2012

75th birthday card for "Grandad seaside"

My daughter's father-in-law, "Grandad seaside" was 75 on Sunday, so I decided on a decoupage card from Craftsuprint, designed by Sandie Burchell.  This kit is beautifully designed, and comes with various numbers for special birthdays, and sentiments for other occasions.




















These cards are quite complex to make, with lots of cutting and folding, but the resulting card is all you could hope for.  This one comes out at about 8" x 8", and stands up on a triangular base, with slots at the top, but it folds flat for posting, which is really helpful.

The reverse of the card is quite similar (not shown, because I forgot to take the picture!) but has the sentiment in the panel on the back, instead of the books and birthday message.  I printed all the decoupage pieces onto heavyweight glossy photo paper, and then coloured all the edges of the decoupage with brown and beige copic markers before I started to assemble this.  If anyone is going to do something similar, I suggest leaving the printed photo pages to dry really well before starting to cut them out, as I made the mistake of being too eager, resulting in having to print one page again.  I'd put in a new printer cartridge to get a really fresh colour print, and didn't realise that it was still quite tacky.  I won't be doing that again!

Thanks very much for visiting my blog.  If you are able to leave a comment this is much appreciated, and then I'll know you came, and I hope I can come and visit your blog too. 

xx Jill B 

25 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Jill, What a fabulous male card, love it.
Wendy xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Jill, I really like the design.
Kevin xx

Teresa said...

Brilliant male card Jill, I always have trouble making male cards so I know where to come for inspiration, don't think I can make them this good though.
Teresa xx

Crafty Loops said...

This is amazing jill, I love it. Lee x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super card ... love the design a great man card ... saw it on do-crfats toooooo ... well done happy crafting and love sandy xx

sue said...

fab card sue xx

Dawn said...

Brilliant card, such an usual design love how it stands up. xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, what an amazing card, well worth all the hard work. xx

MissyG said...

what a labour of love - I'm sure it will be very much appreciated
Linda

Chris said...

What a FABULOUS card. Chris xx

Wendy L said...

Brill card. Looks really effective. xxx

sparklingblackrose said...

Lovely :-) Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

Angela said...

Card looks really great, I bet it took you ages to put it all together

applejack cards by sue said...

Hiya, what a fantastic card, thank you for the tips, I always forget to edge my decoupage and it looks so good on your card. I am so glad I didn't miss your blog on the hop.

GailieB said...

Wow, what an unusual card. My father in law was always "Seaside Grandad" to my children when they were small too! Gail x

Lisa Cornwall said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card. Love it. xx

Chelle said...

Gorgeous card x

Anonymous said...

fab male card xx

Heike said...

This is fab - a really great male card.
Heike xx

Anonymous said...

I think this card is brilliant. Love the way you've done it xx Hopped over from DC

Jayne said...

Wow what a fabulous card, very effective! Love Jayne. x

Alizabethy said...

Stunning card - fabulous!

annesyme said...

An absolutely fabulous male card!
Anne x

craftynanny said...

Thats lovely! So different! I love CUP! Lea xx

Chris said...

Fabulous card. Chris xx