Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Thursday 19 January 2012

Roberta's birthday card

Although I made this card on holiday in the Summer, it hadn't been sent, so when it was one of my colleagues birthdays last week, I thought it would be just right for her.  She was running one of the Royal Academy of Dance's new Grades course this year in London and was a really good tutor, so I hope it's boosted her confidence, and made her realise that she's got real potential.


Very much out of my usual style, I used lots of old stash which was too pretty to give away in the RAK bag I usually reserve for Beth, my eldest grand-daughter, or her best friend's mum, Nic, who is a fantastic crafter, and makes "summat outa nowt" with great style. 

A cream card-blank, Docrafts transparent stickers, gold peeloffs, rainbow papers from Craftwork cards, and paper flowers, a few gems, with some gold punched leaves I've had forever, and the job was done!  I felt  very virtuous using up my bits and pieces, and plan to do this again when the mood strikes, rather than constantly being seduced by new papers and punches.  I've just seen the new Nellie rose punches though, which I might just have to buy as they will come in amazingly handy!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  Please let me know if you stopped by so that I can return the compliment.  JTLYK my followers pics are gone again, after only one day of being around, so I'm quite sad again.  Why doesn't Mr Blogger play nicely?

xx Jill

29 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Jill, I like that butterfly and the lovely soft colours.
Kevin xx

Wendy L said...

Jill, this looks really lovely. xxx

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Jill, love the butterfly and gorgeous flowers...hope you have a lovely weekend.
Wendy xx

sue said...

beautiful card jill,i'm sure your friend loved it. sue xx

Anonymous said...

A lovely affect of the butterfly layering and I so like the flower topper corner. Hopped from DC

applejack cards by sue said...

Such an elegant card, very very pretty and I am sure it is going to be very much apprciated.

applejack cards by sue said...

Just one more thing....I do hope you are on the mend and are taking things easy. Keep warm and let others take care of you. sue x

Lorna said...

Beautiful card Jill,fab colours and detail, just hopped over from DC
Lorna xx

Lorna said...

Beautiful card Jill,fab colours and detail, just hopped over from DC
Lorna xx

Lorna said...

Beautiful card Jill,fab colours and detail, just hopped over from DC
Lorna xx

Alizabethy said...

I just LOVE this card!

sandy's crafty bits said...

oh my goodness what a super little card ... love the rainbow papers you have used and love all the flutterbyes ... just doing a bit of blog hopping happy crafting and love sandy xx

Lorna said...

Beautiful card Jill,fab colours and detail, just hopped over from DC
Lorna xx

SandraCraftyCardz said...

Lovely Card Hun just hopping on by from DC Sandi x

Lorna said...

Beautiful card Jill,fab colours and detail, just hopped over from DC
Lorna xx

Lorna said...

Beautiful card Jill,fab colours and detail, just hopped over from DC
Lorna xx

craftynanny said...

Beautiful card! Lea xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and lovely colours. Just hopping on by
Leighpea

Chris said...

Gorgeous card love the colours and the flowers.. Chrisxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. I think we could all learn a thing or two from you and use up some stash!!! Maddy x

MissyG said...

Beautiful colours - love the background
Linda

Anonymous said...

beautiful card love the colours xx

Lizzies said...

Stunning card, love the colours you have used and the layout.

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww this is so pretty :-) Elaine from leapblogging! -xxx-

scrappysharon said...

WOW Jill this is stunning I love the butterfly....big hugs Sharon x

Tina said...

Beautiful card Jill, love the butterflies. Tinaxx

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card Jill, really love your butterfly and flower arrangement. Have a lovely weekend, hugs Teresa xx

Julie said...

A very pretty card

annesyme said...

A stunning card!!....tikvah x