Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Thursday 30 June 2011

commissioned card for 65th birthday


A friend asked me to make this card for her mum's 65th birthday.  I don't really do LIM, so I suppose this card's about as minimal as you're likely to get from me!

All the cardstock is white pearlised, and the ribbon, leaves and flower were all coloured with copic markers.  There is dry embossing; die-cutting; (this Nestability is one of my faves) and the leaves are die-cut too (Marianne, I think, but I can't find which one).  The flower was a cream silk flower from Hobbycraft originally, and it didn't come out quite the same colour as the edging or the ribbon, although I have to say it looks similar in the picture! What do I know?


The flowers on the box are WOC, and the die-cut swirl is Marianne, from the circle frame set.  I used the waste card for the frame on the front of the box.  We crafters always hate to waste anything!

I'll be entering the following challenges with this card:
http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com/ - birthday
Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  It's always a pleasure to receive comments from you, so many thanks if you'd like to do that.  Off to the Newbury show with a friend on Saturday, so hoping to catch up with all the latest on the crafting front.

xx Jill

15 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card & Box Jill, I like the embossing and the flowers.
Kevin xx

Zoechaos said...

Charming and graceful card Great idea to use the die cut negative on the box. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge. XOXO Zoe

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jill. It is so fresh and clean. Sure the recipient will love it. Trish x

Jennifer said...

Hi Jill, gorgeous work as ever! So elegant.xx Jenny xx

Maria said...

I love your card Jill! It looks gorgeous with just the splash of colour! Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

Wendy said...

This is beautiful Jill,love the embossing and gorgeous flower.
Wendy xx

Kim B said...

I think this is a very lovely card. I think the flower looks great. Thanks for joining the Craft-Room Challenge. Hope to see you there next time too. Kim xx

Kathleen said...

this iis lovely. love that flourish die. somehing else for the wishlist (gonna need a new roll of wallpaper to write it all out i think!!)LOL!

kathleen mc xx

Anita said...

Wow, this is lovely. The flourish and flowers are the perfect touch. Thanks for joining in the Divas challenge.

hazel said...

Gorgeous card and box - I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Mummylade said...

what a fantastically elegant creation, Thank you so much for entering in the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

Berry said...

So elegant and simple thanks for sharing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

Esther said...

Beautiful card - you should do LIM more often if this is what you create...Thanks for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

Naseer Ahmad said...

I read your blog given picture of card so sweet and so cute. I like it very much.Plastic Card

Jan said...

Love these cards they are stunning xx Jan