Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Friday 18 May 2012

5th birthday card for Tristan





















Just recently it was Tristan's fifth birthday.  Everyone has a soft spot for Tristan as he's a lively little soul with a great passion for life.  When he was little he used to take himself off to the naughty step without being told.  If my daughter said "Tristan, have you been naughty?" he'd reply "yes", and tell you just what he'd done!






















He is obsessed with Moshi Monsters, so it was an obvious choice for his birthday card.  These extraordinary creatures, which are collected and swapped, are apparently very popular with children of this age.  It was a very simple card, and won't win prizes for the degree of difficulty involved, but he liked it very much, so that's all that matters!  He explained all about them in far more detail than I wanted to know, and named all the ones he had, as well as the ones he still wanted.  A very riveting conversation: it's such fun being a Nana!!  

I found the images on the net, for the card front and the insert.  I printed them out and decoupaged them; the sentiment is computer generated and the green background paper is from my stash.  Matting card is Bazill from A Maze of Memories, which is a craft shop carrying the widest range of plain-coloured 12 x 12 card I've ever seen.  They're off Junction 7 of the M40 and if I'm up that way, I usually make the trip to Long Crendon (although they're closed on Tuesdays).






















Thank you so much for coming to read my blog.  It's always lovely to have visitors, and if you wish to leave a comment I'd love to come and visit your blog too!

xx Jill

26 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

I bet he loved it, its a brilliant card, I like the wee monsters :o)
Kevin xx

Catherine said...

Fab colourful card....

Wendy said...

Hi Jill, such a gorgeous photo of Tristan and bet he loved his Moshi Monsters card, it's brilliant and so much fun...Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Wendy xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic moshi monster card hun...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

crafty-stamper said...

great card and love the photo
carol x

Caroline said...

Absolutely fantastic card. Caroline xxx

Unknown said...

fantastic monster card just right for a 5 year old
.Kaz.x

sandy's crafty bits said...

ooo super little moshi monsters card ... my granddaughters would love it tooo ... just doing a bit of blog hopping coz redrottie says we have to lol ... hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

sue said...

great card and photo
sue xx

ALI said...

Great boys card.

MissyG said...

brillant card lovely for your grandson
Linda

Dawn said...

Cool card, I be he thought it was fantastic. x

Chris said...

Brilliant card Jill,Lovely photo, he`s a real cutie. Chris xx

Janet - aka stacky said...

What a brilliant card you made for Tristan I am not surprised he loved it who wouldn't x

Lors said...

Fab card and photo....happy blogging...Lorsx

Sazzle said...

Tristan sounds like the perfect Grandson and your card for him sounds as though it was just perfect too :-) I bet it will take pride of place in his bedroom and you'll be the best Nana in the whole wide world!

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle
(lincs crafty girl)

carrie-lee said...

A fab card bet he loved it xxx

Anonymous said...

These are great fun cards :D

Lizzies said...

Fantastic card, my daughter is standing by the side of me naming them all.

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww fantastic card, I bet he loved it! Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

Heike said...

This is such a fun card. Just great. I am not surprised that he loved it.
Heike xx

Anonymous said...

fab card x

applejack cards by sue said...

As a nannie to a great moshi fan I can state that this is a wonderful card!!! and isn't your grandson just a sweetie.

Lorna said...

Brilliant card, love the colours and images

Lorna xx

Ali said...

Fab colourful card.Thanks for sharing....
Plastic Cards

Unknown said...

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make critically posts I’d state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit incredible. Magnificent activity!
Cardsharing Server | INFORMAL SPORTS