Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Monday 19 March 2012

Confirmation card

EDIT: I was really thrilled to win a top three spot for this card, with Stamping Sisters in Christ, which is one of my favourite sites.  Well done Beth, for choosing the colour-scheme and layout!























This was made for a close friend of my grand-daughter, who was confirmed yesterday.  She chose the colours herself and the layout, and I followed the instructions!






















She chose the First Edition papers "Hideaway", which are very heavily glittered, and Papermania capsule collection lemon ribbon and bow.  What a joy it is to see all the Spring flowers just coming out, so it was only natural for her to pick out the Hobbycraft silk daffodils and WOC small daffodils and roses which I glitzed up with Glimmer Mist.

The beautiful cream lace is also from WOC.   There is also some stardust Stickles around the edges of the image and horizontal strips.  I do love my glitter glue!! The image was downloaded from Magic Moonlight, who have some beautiful vintage images.



The silver cross was die cut with a two Sizzix dies, which I've found very useful over the years for Easter, sympathy, First Communion, Baptism etc, and I hope to find the new Sizzix crosses when I go up to the NEC show on Thursday.  I layered one over the other to give a bit of dimension, and created the sentiment on my pc.  The ferny leaves are my favourite MS punch on cream pearl paper which I coloured with my copic markers.  I used copics on some of the flowers and all the edges too, just to tie in the colours.  Not that I'm OCD (well not much!) but I do like everything to match up nicely.























I also made Beth's friend a pretty pearl and crystal bracelet with a lovely rhinestone cross charm bought at a a recent bead exhibition, which she was very pleased with.  I usually remember to take photos of the cards and forget about the jewellery pictures, so once again there's no photo, which was a bit silly!

I'm planning to enter the following challenges with this card:
http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - ribbon and lace
http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/ - add a flower
http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.co.uk/ - new season
http://craftuscrazy.blogspot.co.uk/ - religious/Easter or something sweet
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.co.uk/ - green and yellow
http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - citrus colours

Thanks so much for coming to visit my blog.  It's a real pleasure for me to come and see your blogs and admire what you've all been doing, so please leave me a comment so that I know where to visit in return.

xx Jill



24 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW! Jill, this is absolutely beautiful, love those flowers & colours...gorgeous photo.
Wendy xx

Tina said...

Beautiful card Jill and I love those flowers. Tinaxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is a beautiful keepsake Jill, I like the papers and the gorgeous spring flowers,
Kevin xx

Marjo said...

Wonderful card, such a great memory creation! Thanks so much for playing with us at the CCCB.

hugs, Marjo

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Hi Jill, A really beautiful card, I love the colours and those flowers are gorgeous. Your link to the PanPastel challenge blog doesn't appear to be working, please can you correct this asap otherwise they won't enter you in to the draw which would be a real shame as your card really is stunning.
Thanks
Lindsay xx

Dawn said...

so beautiful, love the flowers. xxx

Lorna said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous design and detail

Lorna xx

Chris said...

WOW this is stunniing. Chris xx

Heike said...

This card is stunning Jill. Just beautiful with amazing flowers and lovely details.
Heike xx

ALI said...

Beautiful card just love the colours.

Alizabethy said...

Absolutely stunning card - sooooo pretty!

Lisa Cornwall said...

OMG Jill, this is super stunning. Love it, fab papers, gorgeous embellies and what a lovely image xx

Michelle said...

gorgeous card i love the flowers xxx

Anonymous said...

stunning card love the layout and the pretty flowers xx

Chana Malkah said...

This is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!

Anonymous said...

A stunning card, so nice embellishments to finish it off xx Blog Hopping from DC

MariLynn said...

This is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.

MissyG said...

Stunning card
Linda

cass said...

A stunning card, and the young girl has a beautiful awareness of colour.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness...this easel card is stunning! I love everything about it - the picture, the colors, the flowers! Awesome!!!

Thank you for participating in the Craft Us Crazy Challenge!

Karen C said...

This is lovely! Thank you for playing with us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog! Best of luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Karen C (TCCCB DT)
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

Katy_Szwarc said...

this is stunning! Hopped here from docrafts x

Chris said...

Beautiful card love the colour and the flowers. Chris xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Truly stunning & so well deserved to win!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma