Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Friday 27 May 2011

grand-daughter's 10th birthday card

It was our beautiful grand-daughter, Beth's 10th birthday on Tuesday, so I made this card for her using Magnolia stamps.    She's keen on horse-riding, and is a delightful, gentle child, loved by everyone who knows her.

I found the Kanban background card in Hobbycraft (25% off too, which was a bonus!).  I cut out all the stamped images, adding a few punched flowers too with pearl centres.  Colouring the image always takes time, but adding the cutting out made it twice as long!!  Plain cardstock is Coredinations from A Maze of Memories.

The stamps are Tilda's Brunte horse; Tilda with halter; and gate with flowers, which I got from the lovely people at Sir Stampalot, who are very efficient and always have quick delivery times.  I coloured the stamping with copic markers from Wendy at Stamps and Memories, and put everything onto little foam stickers - only 1mm though as I didn't want everything to stick out too much.  I'm not sure that the perspective's quite right, as the figures don't look grounded, but as my husband says: "these little people have no noses or mouths - why are you worried about perspective?"

Did you notice there's no glitter on this card?  I need to go and lie down in a darkened room I think: I must be sickening for something!

Thanks so much for reading my blog.  I'll be away for a week, and then busy with Regional Finals, so won't be doing much blogging.  Please leave me a comment and I'll come and visit when I've got a moment.

xx Jill

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hi Jill,This is fabulous,such gorgeous images.I have finally joined blogland after about a year of thinking about it.I have just become a follower on your fabulous blog,your cards are really gorgeous.
Wendy from docrafts (crazy4flowers) xx