Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Sunday 14 November 2010

Birthday card for an old friend

 This is a birthday card for a very dear friend, who is also a dance teacher.  I taught ballet to their son, Michael, many years ago (when he was "nobbut a lad"), and he still works professionally in West End Theatres.  He's currently Choreographer and Dance Captain for the musical Billy Elliot, which has been running for many years now.  Michael and his partner are expecting their first baby at the end of the month, so this will be grandchild number eight for our friends, and they are just as delighted as if it were their first!

Sorry about the quality and odd colouration of the photos again, but the weather is really too poor to take decent ones.  The second photo just  looks a bit orangey.



I made an easel card with Annalee papers from Dies to Die For, with my usual coredinations from a Maze of Memories.  This is a new favourite image from Magnolia, and I expect to use this one many times in the future. Although she's a very pretty ballerina, I'd love to tuck in the bows on her pointe shoes, and tie that hair back into a nice neat bun!!  The little corner diecut is a cuttlebug one, the tag is from Spellbinders, and the lattice border is one of the new punches from EK.  The flowers are a mix of Prima and WOC, and the little charms are quite old ones from Jill at The Hobby House.

Thanks so much for looking at my blog, and please leave me a comment, so that I can come and visit your blog too!  xx Jill

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jill, this is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful image and your papers and flowers are devine!! Trish x