Welcome

A very warm welcome to my blog, which is mostly about card-making, a bit about work and family, and a few odds and ends. I am fairly new to this blogging lark, so please bear with me if I make some glaring errors.



I'll be delighted if you would like to become a follower, so please leave me details of your blog, as I'd love to visit.

xx Jill








Saturday 18 September 2010

birthday card number five!

This is my fifth birthday card this week, this time for my son-in-law, Bruce, who is very interested in motor racing.
















I used a die-cut decoupage for the car, as 3d cards are always popular with the guys; and some clipart for the flags and skidmark.  Both the blue and red cardstock are pearlised, as I couldn't find anything bright enough left in my coredinations stash, so had to resort to some older cardstock to get the right colour-match.  The awkward part of this quite simple card was trying to get the diagonal red stripe and skidmark to fit the card, and involved some maths (not my best thing)!

Although I often struggle with male cards, I enjoyed making this one, as it seemed to come together automatically.  A couple of days off now for teaching, before the next marathon card-making session.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and for any comments you'd like to leave.  xx Jill

No comments: